Zinda Pak

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Zinda Pak

chat, music, fourm, radio, much more.....

Latest topics

» ------ MASHALLAH -------
Islamic Short Stori3s EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 1:15 pm by javeriaislam

» Is there any herbal treatment for schizophrenia???
Islamic Short Stori3s EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 am by Emaan

» Ramdan Mubarak
Islamic Short Stori3s EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:10 am by HAQ

» A girls Heart outside her body - GRAPHIC video
Islamic Short Stori3s EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:56 am by HAQ

» 'A Talk with the Self '
Islamic Short Stori3s EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 2:11 am by HAQ

» Welcome ZEE
Islamic Short Stori3s EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:42 am by HAQ

» Welcome Noor7174
Islamic Short Stori3s EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 3:38 am by HAQ

» Beauty Tips ....
Islamic Short Stori3s EmptyMon May 28, 2012 2:08 am by HAQ

» ProProtect Your Heart
Islamic Short Stori3s EmptyMon May 28, 2012 1:51 am by HAQ

Navigation

Affiliates

September 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Keywords

I forgot my password

Islamic Short Stori3s

HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Islamic Short Stori3s

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:49 am

Aslamoalikum wr wb.

Hop3 u all ar3 doing good.Im h3r3 with a n3w thr3ad.In ths thr3ad u hav3 to shar3 islamic short stori3s.Stori3s that hav3 a good moral and l3sson.
    Your participation giv3s us th3 motivation to carry a thr3ad with 3nthusiasm.
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Pray3r of a sick p3rson

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:00 am

Imam Baihaqi has stated on the authority of Hadhrat Ali (ra) who stated: "Once, I was present with the Prophet (peace be upon him). At that time, I had fallen so much sick that I prayed to Allah Almighty to grant me death if I am destined to die so that I may get relief from the sickness, otherwise, I may be restored to normal health from the sickness if I have to live for sometime. I, also, prayed for being granted patience if this sickness is a test for me from Allah Almighty."
    Hearing that, the Prophet beat Ali with his foot and observed: "Oh Ali! repeat what you were saying." Ali (ra) repeated his prayer.
    Then the Prophet prayed to Allah Almighty: "O Allah! Heal him from the sickness." Ali (ra) stated that he became healthy the same day and the pain never appeared again.

Source: From the book "The Miracles of the Prophet Muhammad" by Shaikh Ahmed Saeed Dehalvi.
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Fear of Allah

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:02 am

One day, Malik bin Dinar (rahimaullah) was passing by a place when he noticed a young man wearing old clothes and crying by the roadside. His name was Uthbah. Sweat was dripping down his body even though the temperature was very cold at that time. Malik bin Dinar became very surprised at this scene and asked Uthbah, "Oh young man, why are you crying? And why are you sweating during this cold temperature?"

Uthbah replied, "Once, I committed a sin at this place. Today, as I was passing by this place, I remembered that sin."

Source: Obtained from the book "Tambihul Ghafileen" by Shaikh Abul Laith Samarkandi.

Look how pious were the early Muslims. Today, we are committing thousands of sins, yet, we are walking around with happiness and joy as if we have nothing to worry about.
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Charity

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:04 am

Effects of CharityOne famous scholar, Sheikh Muhammed Hadi Al Amini relates that his father while acquiring knowledge in Najaf, Iraq, went to his home town Tabriz. While he was in his home town, he used to visit his relatives and friends.
    Sheikh Amini's father didn't see an old acquaintance of his who was a poor and needy man. When he didn't see this friend, he asked about him and was told by people, that the man he was asking about was a rich man and no longer poor. Sheikh Amini's father decided to pay a visit to his friend.
    While conversing with his friend he asked his friend the reason for the change in his economic position. The man replied that he had been very poor to the extent that he was forced to sell some properties that belonged to him, like furniture etc. By selling these things he had collected some money enough to start a business with.
    As he was on his way back to his house with the capital, he saw a poor lady crying. The man asked the lady the reason for crying, and she explained that she was a widow with orphans who were hungry. The man felt pity on her, and on seeing that she needed the money more than himself he gave the whole amount of money to her. He returned home and spent the night depressed and worried for his family.
    The next morning, surprisingly he was summoned to the house of a rich man. When he went to the rich man he was told by the rich man that he had six thousand bags of rice which he feared were on the verge of expiring. The rich man suggested to him to buy the rice at a low price on loan from him. The poor man did so and sold the rice bags quickly. He took some more and in this way was able to make much profit. Soon he became rich and well to do.
    Indeed Noble Qur'an says that: "Who is it that will offer of Allah a goodly gift, so He will multiply it to him manifold, and Allah straitens and amplifies, and you shall be returned to Him." (2:245)
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Worship

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:05 am

Angel Jibrail (as) told Rasulullah (peace be upon him) the follwing incident about a man in the past who worshipped Allah Ta'ala continuously for 500 years. He was granted a shelter on top of a mountain that was surrounded by salty water. However, Allah caused a stream of sweet water to flow through the mountain for that individual. The man would drink from this water and use it to make ablution. Allah Ta'ala also raised a pomegranate tree from which the man would eat one fruit every day.
    One day, this person supplicated to Allah that, "Oh Allah, bring my death while I am in the state of prostration." Allah accepted this dua of his. Whenever Jibrail (as) came down to the Earth, he found this man prostrating to Allah. Jibrail (as) said that on the day of Judgement, Allah will tell the angels to take this individual to Paradise through His mercy. However, this man will insist that he should enter paradise through the good deeds that he had performed.
    Then, Allah will tell the angels to compare his good deeds with the blessings that were given to him in the world. It will be seen that 500 years of his worship does not even equal to the gift of eye sight that was given to him by Allah. The angels will be asked to take him towards the hell fire. Then the man will plead, "Oh Allah! Enter me into Paradise only through Your mercy." At that point, the following discussion will take place between Allah and that man.
    Allah: Oh my servant, who created you?
    The worshipper: Oh Allah, You have created me.
    Allah: Were you created because of the good deeds you have done or because of My mercy?
    The worshipper: Because of Your mercy.
    Allah: Who granted you the ability to worship for 500 years?
    The worshipper: Oh the Almighty! You have granted me that ability.
    Allah: Who placed you on the mountain surrounded by the ocean? Who caused a stream of sweet water to flow in between the salty water? Who caused a pomegranate tree to grow for you? Who granted you death while in the state of prostration?
    The worshipper: Oh the Sustainer of the Worlds! You have done all of these.
    Then Allah will say, "All these have happened due to My mercy and you too will enter Paradise only through My Mercy."

Source: Obtained from the book "Tambihul Ghafileen" by Shaikh Abul Laith Samarkandi.

We can never thank Allah for the blessings that He has given us. Let us use these blessings to recognize Allah before our death.
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Impatience

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:07 am

Prophet Yusuf / Joseph (pbuh) was jailed under the orders of the Aziz of Egypt. When his companion in the jail was being released Prophet Yusuf / Joseph (pbuh) requested him to recommend his matter to the Aziz so that he too be released. At this angel Gabriel / Jibreel (pbuh) appeared in the jail and made him look at the floor of the jail. When Prophet Yusuf / Joseph (pbuh) did so he could see the bottoms of the earth and sea.

Prophet Yusuf / Joseph (pbuh) also saw in the bottom of the earth an Ant with a particle of grain in its mouth. Angel Gabriel / Jibreel (pbuh) said, "Do you think that your Allah (SWT) who does not forget even this Ant at the bottom of the earth and feeds it, would let you go out of His mind?"

"Now for this impatience of yours you are ordered to remain in jail for seven more years."
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Value of one tumble r of water

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:09 am

Islamic Short Stori3s Ya_rah10

One day Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) was passing through a barren hill. He noticed a pious person busy in prayer sitting in a cave of the hill. Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) felt the urge to meet and talk to the pious person. Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) went near and greeted him. The pious person asked disinterestedly, "Who are you?" Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) said, "I am Musa!"

The pious person asked, "Are you the Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh)?"
    Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) said, "Yes!"
    The pious person said, "Then ask Allah (SWT) to Grant my wish!"
    Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) asked, "What is it that you want?"
    The pious person said, "Since the last one hundred years I am sitting here praying to Allah (SWT). I don't do anything other than the Prayer. Ask Allah (SWT), what He will give me for my efforts?"
    Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) said, "I shall find about it immediately." He immediately climbed up the hill and called aloud, "O Sustainer Allah! This person wants to know about the reward for his prayers! Tell me, what shall I inform him?"

He heard the sound, "O Musa! Tell him, we shall inform him about his reward tomorrow."
    Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) went to the pious person and conveyed the message to him.

The pious person said, "Its fine! Tomorrow is not much of a time!" The pious person was in the habit of going to a nearby canal early every morning for bathing and fetching some water for his use. Therefore, the next morning too he started for the canal but he lost his way and reached somewhere else. Because of the sun's heat he became very thirsty and tired. He sat on a lonely boulder and started thinking about his death. At that time he found another person coming from the other direction. He waved to the person to come to him. When the person came nigh, he asked him to help him with some water.
    The visiting person said, "Where is any water in this wilderness? Whatever little I have is only for me."
    The pious person started crying. The other person said, "Fine! What will you give me if I give you a tumbler of water?"
    The pious person said, "I don't have anything. I have been busy in the cave praying for the last one hundred years."
    The other person said, "If you agree to transfer to me the Rewards for your prayers of one hundred years, I shall give you a tumbler of water."
    The pious person thought, if he lived, he could pray for a further period to get the Reward from Allah (SWT). He said, "I am ready to transfer to you my reward for the hundred years' of my prayers.
    The other person gave him a tumbler full of water and the pious person returned to his cave.
    In the morning Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) got a Revelation that the pious person transferred his hundred years' prayers to another person in exchange for a tumbler of water. Ask the man to settle the value of the tumblers of water that he had been drinking during the last hundred years!
    Therefore, Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) went to the cave and told to the person that he had a message for him from Allah (SWT).
    The pious person said, "O Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh)! I have already sold my hundred years of penance!"
    Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) said, "Yes! I know. But Allah (SWT) has said that when the value of one hundred years of prayer is one tumbler of water, then he must settle the value of the water he had been drinking over the last hundred years."
    When the pious person heard this, he was shocked and shouted, "O Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh)! Recommend to Allah (SWT) to forgive my sins! Allah (SWT) is Beneficent and Merciful!"
    Prophet Musa / Moses (pbuh) got the Revelation, "tell the pious person! Your penitence of this moment pleased us more than your prayers of a hundred years and we have given to you rewards for a thousand years of prayers!"
    Imam Ali (as) says: "The sin that makes you sad and repentant is more liked by Allah (SWT) than the good deed which turns you arrogant."
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty NEIGHBOUR

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:10 am

Sayyed Jawad Ameli, a great Mujtahid, was having his dinner when someone knocked at his door. A servant from his master, Ayatullah Sayyed Mehdi Bahrul Uloom, appeared and said: "Your master has sent for you to come immediately. He has just sat down for his dinner but refuses to eat until he sees you."
    There was no time to lose. Sayyed Jawad Ameli left his dinner and rushed to Ayatullah Sayyed Mehdi Bahrul Uloom's residence. Just as he entered, the master looked disapprovingly at him and said: "Sayyed Jawad! You have no fear of Allah! Don't you feel ashamed in front of Allah?"

This came as a shock to him, as he could not remember doing anything to incur the wrath of his master. Sayyed Jawad Ameli said: "My master may guide me where I have failed."
    Ayatullah Sayyed Mehdi Bahrul Uloom replied: "It is now a week that your neighbor and his family are without wheat and rice. He was trying to buy some dates from a shop on credit but the shopkeeper refused to grant him any more credit. He returned home empty-handed and the family is without a morsel of food."
    Sayyed Jawad Ameli was taken by surprise. "By Allah", he said, "I have no knowledge about this."
    That is why I am displeased all the more.
    How can you be unaware of your own neighbor? Seven days of difficulties have passed and you tell me you do not know about it. Well, If you had known and ignored him despite your knowledge, then you would not even he a Muslim," Ayatullah Sayyed Mehdi Bahrul Uloom adjoined.
    Then he instructed him to take all the dishes of food before him to his neighbor. "Sit with him to eat, so that he does not feel ashamed. And take this sum for his future ration. Place it under his pillow or carpet so that he is not humiliated, and inform me when this work is completed, for not until then shall I eat."
    The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "There are Three categories of neighbours. First: one who has Three rights upon you. This is the one who is a Muslim neighbour and also a relative. Second: One who has two rights. A Muslim neighbour and third: The Kafir neighbour who has only the rights of a neighbour."
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Allah-hu-akbar

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:12 am

There was once a man who was an enemy to Islam. He had three famous questions that no person could answer. No Islamic scholar in Baghdad could answer his three questions...thus he made fun of Islam in public. He constantly ridiculed Islam and the Muslims. One day a small boy, who`s age was 10, came along and heard the man yelling and screaming at Muslims in the street. He was challenging people openly to answer the three questions.
    The boy stood quietly and watched. He then decided that he would challenge the man. He walked up and told the man, "I will accept your challenge".
    The man laughed at the boy and ridiculed the Muslims even more by saying, "A ten year old boy challenges me. Is this all you people have to offer!"
    But the boy patiently reiterated his stance. He would challenge the man, and with Allah`s help and guidance, he would put this to an end. The man finally accepted.
    The entire city gathered around a small "hill" where open addresses were usually made. The man climbed to the top, and in a loud voice asked his first question.
    "What is your God doing right now?"
    The small boy thought for a little while and then told the man to climb down the hill and to allow him to go up in order to address the question.
    The man says "What? You want me to come down?"
    The boy says, "Yes. I need to reply, right?"
    The man made his way down and the small boy, age 10, with his little feet made his way up.
    This small child`s reply was "Oh Allah Almighty! You be my witness in front of all these people. You have just willed that a Kafir be brought down to a low level, and that a Muslim be brought to a high level!"
    The crowd cheered and screamed "Takbir"...."Allah-hu-akbar!!!"
    The man was humiliated, but he boldly asked his Second question... "What existed before your God?"
    The small child thought and thought.
    Then he asked the man to count backwards. "Count from 10 backwards."
    The man counted..."10, 9 ,8 , 7 , 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1,0"
    The boy asked, "What comes before 0 ?"
    The man: "I don`t know...nothing."
    The boy: "Exactly. Nothing was before Allah, for He is eternal and absolute."
    The crowd cheered again...."Takbir!"...."Allah-hu-akbar!!!!" The man, now completely frustrated, asked his final question. "In which direction is your Allah facing?"
    The boy thought and thought.
    He then asked for a candle. A candle was brought to him. The blessed child handed it to the man and asked him to light it.

The man did so and remarked, "What is this supposed to prove?"
    The young boy asked, "In which direction is light from the candle going?"
    The man responded, "It is going in all directions."
    The boy: "You have answered your own question. Allah`s light (noor) goes in all directions. He is everywhere. There is no where that He cannot be found.
    "The crowd cheered again...."Takbir!"...."Allah-hu-akbar!!!" The man was so impressed and so moved by the boy`s knowledge and spirituality, that he embraced Islam and became a student of the young boy.
    So ended the debate.
    Who was the young boy? The young boy was one of our leaders and one of the greatest scholars, Imam Abu Hanîfa (May Allah bless
    him).
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty A boy with strong belive

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:14 am

Shaykh Fath al-Mowsily relates, once I saw a young boy walking through the jungle. It appeared as if he was uttering some words. I greeted him with Salaam and he replied accordingly. I inquired, "Where are you going?" He retorted, "To the house of Allah (Makkah)." I further asked, "What are you reciting?" "The Qur'an" he replied. I remarked, "You are at a tender age, it is not an obligation that you are required to fulfill." He said, "I have witnessed death approach people younger than me and therefore would like to prepare if death was to knock on my door." I astoundingly commented, "Your steps are small and your destination far." He responded, "My duty is to take the step and it remains the responsibility of Allah to take me to my destination." I continued to ask, "Where is your provision and conveyance (means of transport)." He replied "My Yaqeen (belief) is my provision and my feet are my conveyance." I explained, "I am asking you regarding bread and water." He replied "Oh Shaykh if someone invited you to his house, would it be appropriate to take your own food?" I exclaimed, "No!" "Similarly, My Lord has invited His servant to His house, it is only the weakness of your Yaqeen that makes us carry provisions. Despite this, do you think Allah will let me go to waste?" "Never" I replied. He then left. Sometime later I saw him in Makkah. He approached me and inquired, "Oh Shaykh are you still of weak belief?"
    Source: Stories of the Pious by Shaikh Ahmad Ali
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty A True Muslim

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:15 am

A Jew lost his invaluable ring and accidentally a poor Muslim fellow found it. When this Muslim came to know that it belongs to that Jew he went to return it to him. The Jew smiled and asked him: "Do you know its value?"
    The Muslim replied: "Yes"
    "You found this and you are also a poor and a needy!" said the Jew.
    "Yes, you are right." The Muslim replied.
    The Jew asked, "Did it not come to your mind that by selling this ring you can live a comfortable life as you had an excuse that it belonged to a Jew?"

The Muslim told him, "Why, I should have thought that way?"
    "So why did you return this ring to me while I was not knowing that you have found it?" questioned the Jew.
    The poor Muslim replied: "We believe on the Day of Judgement. I told myseMoral of the story: Think like a Muslim, act like a Muslim and love Allah (SWT) and Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) like a true Muslim. lf that if I do not give this ring to the owner, then during the accounting of the deeds , I will be caught by Allah(swt)..Indeed I love Allah and my beloved Prophet(saws). I cannot do anything that can make me guilty infront of Allah(swt) who made me a muslim and blessed me with everything and the Prophet(saws) who loved his Ummah and prayed and wishes the best for them.
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Wadu wazu

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:16 am

Wadu

Imam Hasan (a.s.) and Imam Hussain
    An old man sat to do his Wudhu / Wuzu (Ablution). But his Wudhu was not correct. Imam Hasan (a.s.) and Imam Hussain (a.s.) the grandsons of the Prophet Mohammad (saw), then two young boys, watched him. They immediately realized that the old man was not doing his Wudhu correctly, but hesitated to tell him directly. Perhaps the old man would feel humiliated by two young boys, or he might even lose interest in the act of worship.
    Sitting next to him, they started to do the Wudhu and during the Wudhu, Imam Hasan (a.s.) said: "Oh Hussain my Wudhu is correct and more perfect than yours."
    In reply, Imam Hussain (a.s.) insisted that his own Wudhu was better than Imam Hasan's.
    Finally they said: "Let us refer to this gentleman. He is older than us and should be able to decide."
    The old man was listening patiently. The boys performed their Wudhu under his supervision, one after the other. And when they had finished, he realized the Wudhu done by the boys was methodical and correct. It was his own Wudhu which was incorrect. Turning to Imam Hasan (a.s.) and Imam Hussain (a.s.), he gently said: "The Wudhu done by you is correct. I am grateful that you chose to guide me in such a beautiful manner."
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Faith On Allah

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:17 am

Khabaab (Radiallaho Anho) is one of those fortunate persons who offered themselves for sacrifice and suffering for the cause of Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala). He was the sixth or seventh person to embrace Islam and therefore, he suffered long. He was made to put on steel armor and lie in the sun to sweat. Very often he was made to lie flat on burning sand, which caused the flesh on his back to dissolve. He was the slave of a woman. When she came to know that he was visiting Rasulullah (Sallallaho Alaihi Wassallam), she used to brand his head with a hot iron rod. Umar (Radiallaho Anho) during his Caliph once asked him about the details of his suffering after embracing Islam.

He showed him his back, seeing which Umar (Radiallaho Anho) said, "I have never seen such a back before."

He said, "My body was dragged over heaps of burning coal and the blood and fat coming out of my back put out the fire."

When Islam spread and the Muslims conquered all the surrounding territory, he used to weep and say, "Allah (Subhanahu wa Taala) seems to be compensating us in this world for all our sufferings and perhaps nothing would be left for us as reward in the Akhirah".

Source: From the Book "Stories of the Sahabah" by Shaikh Muhammad Zakariyya Kandhalvi.

Such were the followers of the Prophet (peace be upon him) who were ready to give anything but their faith in Allah. On the other hand, we Muslims today are ready to sell our iman for little material gains!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty PARENTS

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:19 am

At the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him), there was a young man named Alqamah. He was very diligent in obeying Allah by engaging in prayer and fasting and spending in charity. Then he fell ill and his illness became serious. His wife went to the Prophet and said, "My husband, Alqamah, is on his deathbed. I therefore came to tell you, Messenger of Allah, about his condition." The Prophet (then) sent for Ammar or Suhaib and Bilal, and told them to go to him (Alqamah) and have him repeat the Shahadah. Thereupon they went to him and found him in the agony of death. They asked him to say, "La illaha illa Allah," but his tongue was unable to pronounce it. At that, they came and told the Messenger of Allah that he was unable to repeat the Shahadah.The Prophet asked, "Is either of his parents alive?" He was told, "Messenger of Allah, his mother is, but she is very old." The Prophet sent her a message that if it was convenient for her (that is, is she was able to go out), she should come to him; otherwise she should stay in her house and the Prophet would come to her.The Prophet's messenger came to her and informed her of the Prophet's message. She said, "May my life be a ransom for him, it is my pleasure to go to him!" She then stood up, leaning on her walking stick, and came to the Prophet and greeted him. The Prophet returned her greeting and said to her, "Umm Alqamah, tell me the truth, for otherwise Allah Most High will reveal the truth to me! What is the situation concerning your son, Alqamah?" She replied, "Messenger of Allah, he prays much, fasts a great deal, and spends a great amount in charity." The Prophet said, "And what about yourself?" She said, "Messenger of Allah, I am angry with him." He said, "Why?" She replied, "Messenger of Allah, he has preferred his wife to me and has disobeyed me." Then Allah's Messenger said, "Umm Alqamah, surely your anger has prevented Alqamah's tongue from pronouncing the Shahadah."He then turned to Bilal and said, "Bilal, go out and collect a quantity of firewood." She said, "Messenger of Allah, what do you plan to do?" He replied, "I will burn him in front of your eyes." She said, "Messenger of Allah, he is my son! My heart cannot bear your burning him in front of me!" He said, "Umm Alqamah, Allah's punishment is more severe and more lasting! Therefore, if you want Allah to forgive him, be reconciled to him. By the One in Whose Hand is my soul, the prayer, fasting, and spending in charity (which he has done) are of no benefit to Alqamah as long as you are angry with him! Thereupon she said, "Messenger of Allah, I call upon Allah Most High and His angels and the Muslims who are present to be my witnesses that I am pleased with my son Alqamah." Allah's Messenger said, "Bilal, go to him and see whether he is now able to say, "La illaha illa Allah" or not. It may be that Umm Alqamah is saying something for my sake which is not in her heart."Thereupon Bilal went, and while entering the door he heard Alqamah saying, "La illaha illa Allah." (Concerning this), Bilal remarked, "It is surely true that while Alqamah's mother was angry with him his tongue was tied, and now that she is pleased with him his tongue is freed." Alqamah died the same day. The Prophet came to him and gave the order for his washing and shrouding, and then prayed the funeral prayer for him and buried him. He then stood by the side of his grave and said, "You company of Muhajireen and Helpers, if anyone favors his wife over his mother, Allah and His angels and all the people curse him! Allah does not accept his spending (in charity) and his uprightness unless he repents toward Allah, the Glorious and Majestic, and reconciles with her and attains her pleasure, because Allah's pleasure consists in her pleasure and Allah's anger consists in her anger.

"Source: Reported in Tabarani and Ahmed.We must always be respectful and obedient to our parents. However, we are not to obey them if they order us to disobey Allah and His Prophet. Other than this, they deserve our utmost attention and respect.
    HAQ
    HAQ
    Admin
    Admin

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty HomE in paradise

Post  HAQ Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:20 am

Abdullah ibn Jahsh (may Allah be pleased with him) was among those who were the first to accept Islam. When the persecution of the Quraysh got severe, the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) gave permission for his companions to emigrate to Madinah. Emigrating was not a new experience for Abdullah. He and some members of his immediate family had migrated before to Abyssinia. This time, however, his migration was on a far bigger scale. His family and relatives, men, women and children, migrated with him. In fact, his whole clan had become Muslims and accompanied him.

Abdullah's clan were not long gone when the alerted Quraysh leaders came out and made the rounds of the districts in Makkah to find out which Muslims had left and who had remained. Among these leaders were Abu Jahl and Utbah ibn Rabi'ah. Utbah looked at the houses of the Banu Jahsh through which the dusty winds were blowing. He banged on the doors and shouted: "The houses of the Banu Jahsh have become empty and are weeping for its occupants." Abdullah bin Jahsh had the most beautiful and expensive house. He sacrificed this house for the pleasure of Allah. Seeing it abandoned, Abu Jahl entered the house and took all its contents.

Later, when Abdullah ibn Jahsh heard what Abu Jahl had done to his house, he mentioned it to the Prophet, peace be upon him, who said: "Aren't you satisfied, O Abdullah, with what Allah has given you instead, a house in Paradise?"
    "Yes, messenger of Allah," replied Abdullah. From that moment he never had any regret for that house and became completely satisfied with the beautiful palaces that are awaiting for him in Paradise.

Source: Partially taken from "Companions of The Prophet", Vol.1, By: Abdul Wahid Hamid.

Sponsored content

Islamic Short Stori3s Empty Re: Islamic Short Stori3s

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm